domingo, 10 de abril de 2011

CLASSROOM MANAGEMENT AND ORGANIZATION

Classroom management refers to the actions and strategies teachers use to solve the problem of order in classrooms. This also means room arrangement, discipline, the creation of routines and a plan to teach students how their learning environment is organized. Effective teachers must create an overall environment conductive to learning. For example, beginning educators tend to leap into the content the first week of school meanwhile experienced teachers first works on creating a positive classroom climate.
The first class I taught to junior high students was the best class I have ever taught. I was relaxed; I didn’t feel nervous at all. This helped me enjoy what I was doing. Well, I know that preparing fun activities avoids chaos in my class. I dislike disorder, but I like discipline in my class. I know that the more engaging the class is, the less time students have to misbehave. In the aspect of classroom management, I know I am doing well since I got students attention and directed to the topic which was classroom commands. However, teacher Mike told me to use more pair or group activities, which is my homework for next class. At the end of the class, I passed them a sheet of paper they had to complete to see what they had learned about classroom commands. Their learning outcomes were good. They met my expectations somehow because I expected them to finish faster than they did. In order to better my classroom management skills, I will always reflect before teaching the class, while teaching the class, and after teaching. Besides, I am always going to take into account teacher’s Mike observation of my class. I like the fact that he always gives me feedback or constructive observations.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario